Flag Speaks


I am the Flag of the Philippines
Born with sun and stars,
Baptized by blood and tears,
Nourished by valor and love.

I am the symbol of your sovereignty
The emblem of your freedom,
And the glory of your spirit.

I can be no more than of what you make me to be,
For I am the belief of yourself
Of what you hope to be
And have the courage to strive for

I am your yesterday's dream
Today's endeavor and tomorrow's vision.
I live in a changing life,
A life of fashion and ambition of pain and of joy.

I have known the ravages of war
The delight of peace,the ignominy of defeat
And the exaltation of your victory.

I have waved in triumph from my staff,
When great joy filled the nation.
And I have dropped a mass,
When sorrows grief your heart.

As long as you my people exist,
Shall I exist for I am your soul.
Wherever you go,
There shall I go.

As I float above you,
You see my bright gleams of color.

My blue is firm with faith and justice.
My red is brilliant with its daring courage.
My white is dazzling with its purity of ideals.
My sun reminds the burning torch of freedom.
My stars guide to steadfast solidarity.

God, me this be so
Forever and ever.

( That was the piece our English teacher told us to memorize. And I'm done doing it.)

Comments

  1. wow thanks for this my teacher told us to memorize the flags speaks to

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts