A Sweet Recognition

          August 13, 2011, a competition was held at JS Gaisano, Tagum City. This establishment held a contest every year entitled : " JS Young Mind's Encounter Quiz Bee ". And every year, our school send representatives to compete in each subject. By the way, there are three(3) divisions or should I say subjects concerning this Quiz Bee, namely : Mathematics, Science, and General Information(about history and latest issues in the country).
The first certificate that I received this school year.
         Joining a contest specifically a Quiz Bee and particularly in Math is not new to me for I am a "quizzer" since elementary. But then, the ways of this contest is new to me. In the previous competitions that I attended, it's just a written quiz. I mean you were given a test questionnaires and then you'll gonna solve the problems given and you'll just write your answer in the answer sheet. While this contest is an oral competition. It's like a game show in a television. The quiz master will read the question and if you know the answer you'll just gonna press the buzzer and if you're the first one to press it and your answer is correct, the points will be yours.

          It was really a pressured contest for me, for it's my first time do join a competition like that. The quiz bee has 2 rounds - the easy and difficult round. In the easy round, we ranked last. But in difficult one, we got the highest score. And all-in-all, we got the second place. It was really a sweet recognition to us, because some questions that were givens are not familiar to us or we don't know it yet. But still, we were able to answer the questions. We were so very thankful for we are going to compete again on the grand finals. (GOD HELP US!)

Comments

Popular Posts