Heaven's Grocery Store

There's one story our teacher told us. It was entitled : " Heaven's Grocery Store". Here's the story. Enjoy reading and be enlightened.


" Heaven's Grocery Store "

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago,
One day I saw a sign that read, "Heaven's Grocery Store"
As I got a little closer the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere,
One handed me a basket and said, "My child shop with care,
Everything a Christian needed was in the Grocery Store
And all you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day".

First I got PATIENCE; LOVE was in the same row,
Farther down was UNDERSTANDING; you need that everywhere you go,
I got a box or two of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH,
I couldn't miss the HOLY GHOST for it was all over the place.

I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me run the race,
But then my basket  was getting full,
But then I remember I needed GRACE,
I didn't forgot SALVATION, for salvation that was free,
So, I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me,

Then I started up the counter to pay the grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do my Master's will,
As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run into SIN.

PEACE and JOY were plentiful; they were on the last shelf,
SONG and PRAISES were hanging near so I just helped myself,
Then I said to the Angel, " Now, how I much do I owe ?"
He just smiled and said "Just take them everywhere you go !"

Again I smiled at Him and said, "How much do I really owe ?"
The Angel smiled again and said, " MY CHILD, JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG TIME AGO".

Comments

Popular Posts